Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's OVER!!!!

Ok....It's not REALLY over, over....  But the toughest part of the training IS OVER!! 


Yup, somehow in the minus double-digit weather and snow we got a 19K run in.  That is the longest training run we have to do.  Our next LONG long run will be in Vegas.  And then NEVER AGAIN!!!  (or at least for a while)

Of course, 19K can't just go smoothly.  Poor Colleen had a major issue with hip pain and had to cut her run a little short.  Luckily, Gerilee is a better friend than I so she stuck by her while I just kept plugging along (in my defense...I didn't know she was hurt until the end!).  Because it was soooo cold, however, I did not stretch.  After a 19k run....I didn't stretch!  Boy am I paying for it now.  Today's (Sunday) run was harder than the 19K was, I swear.  I had to just hurtle myself at top speed down any hills because my quads hurt too much to brace them to slow myself down.  Going down stairs, sitting down, all hurts...  And tomorrow will likely be worse.

But, did I mention....IT'S DONE!!  The hard part is done!  I think I'm going to fall a little in love with the taper!

No comments:

Post a Comment