Thursday, November 24, 2011

Not How It Is Supposed to Work

So.....as you may know....I'm training for a half marathon.  I've done 11.5 weeks of training so far.  Running more km a week than I ever have in my life...  Ran 24 km last weekend alone....  I must be SUPER FIT now, eh?

Can you believe I've GAINED weight?  Colleen keeps telling me about all the weight she's losing and I keep finding it!!  Seriously!  And this isn't "oh it's muscle" weight gain like people try to tell us to make us feel better... This is "hmmm...these pants feel kinda snug" weight gain... 

How is it possible to gain weight when doing so much more running, you ask?  Well, it's quite simple!  You use the extra mileage as an excuse to eat anything and everything you desire.  You eat like you've been living on a deserted island and have just seen food for the first time in months... Quite simply, you consume so many calories that even super long, 19k runs are not enough to counteract the volume of food you're taking in.

I keep telling myself that after Vegas I'll smarten up again...  Good thing Vegas is just a week and a half away.... Otherwise I'd be waddling across the finish line...  In the meantime; however, I think I'll go find a snack...

2 comments: